Find a Physician
Job SummaryJob Summary The Surgery Center at Rainier, a Division of Proliance, is seeking a full time experienced ASC Nurse Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should have experience in ASC pre-op/phase l≪ recovery and/or as an OR circulator. Current Washington state RN license, CPR, ACLS, and PALS required. We are a fast paced orthopedic surgery center with competitive wages and benefits. No weekends, no holidays, no call!
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/06/2019
The Surgery Center at Rainier, a Division of Proliance, is seeking a full time experienced ASC Nurse Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate should have experience in ASC pre-op/phase l&ll recovery and/or as an OR circulator. Current Washington state RN license, CPR, ACLS, and PALS required. We are a fast paced orthopedic surgery center with competitive wages and benefits. No weekends, no holidays, no call!
Job Responsibilities: include, but not limited to:
- Directs, coordinates and controls the multi-disciplinary activities required to provide a safe environment for patients undergoing surgical or procedural interventions in an ASC environment.
- Interprets, directs and evaluates nursing practices to insure safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care throughout the ASC.
- Ensure compliance with all accreditation standards, Medicare conditions for coverage and Washington State Department of Health regulations. Serve as the ASC’s representative with accrediting bodies before, during and after site visits.
- Ensures Policy and Procedures are followed within the ASC.
- Leads Quality Assurance and Improvement activities.
- Leads Infection Prevention & Control activities.
- Leads Risk Management activities.
- Communicates to ASC Administrator what needs to be ordered for supplies, equipment and services.
- Assists ASC Administrator with hiring, evaluation, and staff discipline.
- Trains, orients and evaluates all new clinical employees and assesses the workload for all ASC clinical staff.
- Leads a productive, team-oriented work environment. Be a reliable presence in the ASC and conduct regular staff meetings to provide information and solicit feedback.
- Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain a constructive working relationship with the physician leadership team.
- Ensure that company core values are modeled.
- Leverage the resources in the Proliance Central Office to help meet the needs of the ASC.
- Provide nursing relief in the perioperative and surgical areas, as needed.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: include, but not limited to:
- Excellent decision making skills
- Knowledge of ambulatory surgery required
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations and remain objective at all times
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare medical records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Skill to start IV desired
Physical Demands: include, but not limited to:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Some bending, pushing, pulling, lifting and stretching required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
- May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases
Adherence to Center Policies/Practices
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator.
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the surgery center and utilize universal precautions where appropriate.
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with staff, patients and physicians. Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
- Two years of ASC management experience, including responsibility for regulatory compliance desired.
- Experience as a circulating or perioperative nurse, specifically in surgeries related to orthopedics, general surgery and/or urology.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current WA State RN license
How to Apply
If interested in applying, please submit your resume through the form below or email to Todd Bate at email@example.com