Find a Physician
Certified Medical Assistant (MA)Print
Job SummaryThe primary role of the MA is to perform clinical and certain administrative duties under the direction of physician and administrator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/08/2019
Certified Medical Assistant (MA)
The primary role of the MA is to perform clinical and certain administrative duties under the direction of physician and administrator. The MA assumes responsibility for tasks as assigned by physician, including patient care, CT Scans, phone call triage, recording vital signs, medical histories, surgery scheduling, insurance authorizations and correspondence. The MA along with every member of the clinic will make patient service and conveying a positive image a core part of daily work.
Proliance Eastside ENT
Care Center Description:
Proliance Eastside ENT is high energy practice with five ENT physicians practicing in three clinic locations (Bellevue, Kirkland and Redmond) and doing surgery in both Bellevue and Kirkland.
- Routine clinical duties – Check schedules and organize patient flow. Prepare examination rooms, keep rooms clean and stocked with necessary supplies, clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies. Accurately record patients’ medical history, vital signs, and test results in medical record. Assist physician in examining patients, handing them instruments or performing tasks as needed for minor procedures. Serve as a liaison between the physician and patient by consulting with patients that call the office, explaining treatment procedures and providing instructions. Assist the office with ordering and stocking of medical supplies, brochures and equipment.
- Prescription duties – Enter the physician prescription orders into NextGen and send them electronically to the patient’s designated pharmacy. Print prescriptions for patients as required by Washington State Law.
- Surgery Scheduling – Prepare the patient with all clinical and administrative information needed for surgery as directed by physician. Answer patient questions and provide reassurance and empathy for all patients. Be especially sensitive and aware of patients who are anxious about surgery. Seamlessly coordinate all aspects of scheduling PEENT patients for surgery; including but not limited to coordination with the place of surgery, authorization by insurance company, financial estimates, coordination with cardiologists, lab or other providers.
- General office duties - Send/receive patient medical records; obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc. Complete forms as needed, verify insurance coverage and patient demographics; manage charts to ensure information is completed and filed appropriately.
- Additional duties as assigned
Other Skills and Traits:
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and via phone.
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and respect the need for confidentiality.
- Ability to show consistency and timeliness with attendance.
- Ability to cross-train to cover the Receptionist Desk, as needed.
Position Education, Experience or License Requirements:
- Medical Assistant Certification.
- ENT experience desired.
- NextGen experience desired.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org