Find a Physician
Job SummaryReporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager oversees the daily accounting activities, fixed assets, month-end close processes, and accounts payable functions. She/he supervises the accounting and accounts payable teams at Proliance.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/08/2019
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager oversees the daily accounting activities, fixed assets, month-end close processes, and accounts payable functions. She/he supervises the accounting and accounts payable teams at Proliance. This role is transactional in nature, and will be involved in some of the day-to-day work. In addition, the position models a workplace culture that is positive, collaborative, accountable for results, built on trust, and strives for constant improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounting Manager is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of accountants responsible for ensuring transactions are recorded and financial statements are produced in compliance with GAAP and established accounting policies
- Ensures accurate and timely dissemination of financial reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Oversee accounts payable department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing for accounts payable, employee expense reimbursements, and patient refunds
- Collaborates with the Director of Finance and Director of Analytics and Contracting physician to administer compensation plans, develop key performance indicators, dashboards, financial ratio analysis, charts and graphs and other financial metrics.
- Works with Controller to implement and communicate policies and procedures for all financial and accounting functions.
- One of the key points of contact with our banking and consulting partners
- Communicates clearly and consistently with physician shareholders, care center leadership, and the executive team. Assures all financial reporting is accurate and effective.
- Provides positive leadership to staff, contributing to a culture where trust is evident, risks are taken, differences of opinion are encouraged and readily expressed, personal and professional growth is expected, and talented professionals are attracted and retained.
- Participate in special projects, developmental opportunities, backup support for other areas within the department, and other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum five years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant required (active or inactive)
- Exceptional working knowledge of GAAP
- Healthcare and public accounting experience a plus
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and planning skills with the ability take ownership of problems and make sound decisions
- Independent self-starter with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo
- Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel as well as strong knowledge of other MS Office products
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must be able to communicate to different levels of individuals including physician shareholders, Proliance executives, operations management and external partners
- Email cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
- Use “Controller” as the subject.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a phone interview with successful candidates invited to interview in person.
We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants.
About Proliance Surgeons
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries.
Our website (www.proliancesurgeons.com) is designed to provide information about our organization, each Care Center's individual physicians, their specialties and practice locations. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time