Find a Physician
Director Of Human ResourcesPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S., the Corporate Office in downtown Seattle, WA is looking for a full-time Director of Human Resources.
Job DescriptionPosted: 12/04/2019
Reporting to the company's COO, the DHR is responsible for guiding and managing the overall provision of Human Resource services, policies and programs at Proliance Surgeons consistent with the company's culture, mission, vision and values, the strategy set by the company's CEO, Board of Directors and regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Human Resources is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, recruitment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce
- Through the HR staff, the DHR coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs which include, but are not limited to: benefits administration, talent management, compensation, and keeping abreast with changing state and federal regulations
- Work closely with the care centers' administrative leaders (Executive Directors, Administrators, ASC Directors and Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy Directors) to assist and advises on Human Resource issues
- Facilitate and prepare agendas for regular meetings with administrative leaders and executive leadership team
- Serve as the company's primary Marketing & Communications contact until a manager is hired, including managing the company's Website Content Coordinator and authoring the company's quarterly employee newsletter
- Coach and mentor staff by example and through use of clearly communicated expectations, progress meetings and performance reviews
- Ensure that company core values are modeled and policies and procedures are followed
- Work closely with the other departments comprising the Proliance Central Office to collectively meet the needs of the care centers
- Build a culture of treating care centers as the internal clients they are
- Bachelor's degree required; HR certification preferred
- Five or more years in progressively responsible Human Resource positions, culminating in a Director role, ideally for a large independent medical group and involving the oversight of clinics, ambulatory surgery centers and ancillaries
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word skills
Professional and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to think strategically, broadly and creatively while also serving as a hands-on manager and a high performing individual contributor
- A quick student of a rapidly changing healthcare market and Proliance Surgeons' positioning
- Excellent judgment, understands what s/he does not know and what questions to ask to reach well informed decisions that minimize risk
- Self-effacing, humble yet confident person who is self-motivated, flexible, deals well with ambiguity and does not require positional authority to get things done
- Capable communicator who is able to articulate ideas, thoughts and questions clearly and appropriately through written and/or verbal communication
- Skilled manager with a collaborative style who influences change and builds consensus for ideas and recommendations that move teams and initiatives forward
- Passionate and proactive about solving problems, adding value and delivering superior results
- Compassion for colleagues and subordinates and able to sustain collegiality and team orientation in a high performance culture
- Process orientation
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter, with salary requirements, and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
- Use “HR Director” as the subject
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a phone interview with successful candidates invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers—where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 650,000 patients last year alone and performed over 85,000 surgeries.
Our website (www.proliancesurgeons.com) is designed to provide information about our organization, each Care Center's individual physicians, their specialties and practice locations. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time for more information about our practice.