Find a Physician
Staff Nurse for ASC with PACU experience (Limited Full Time 30-35 hours per week w/ benefits)Print
Job SummaryPuyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently looking for an experienced Staff Nurse.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/19/2020
Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently looking for an experienced Staff Nurse. There are no nights or weekend shifts and closed on observed holidays. Salary is dependent on experience. Proliance dba Puyallup Ambulatory Surgery Center offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K Retirement plan, and profit sharing.
Provide nursing care by assessment, planning, treatment, and evaluation of the patient. Provides safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educational, individualized, goal-directed nursing care to patients and their families in the facility.
- A Graduate of a Professional School of Nursing
- Current State license as a Registered Nurse
- Current certification in basic CPR for Healthcare Professionals
- Evidence of continuing education
- Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Meets the needs of the nursing service as demanded by the schedule particularly when
- overtime hours and time changes become necessary
- Ability to work well with physicians, employees, patients, and others
- Current ACLS certification
- Staff Nurse: 2 years with required PACU experience
- Prefer skillset to include C/S experience
- Prefer skillset to include IV start experience
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing) while supervising
- Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment
- May have exposure to patients with communicable diseases
- Monitors and assesses the physical status of the patient through personal observation and interaction
- Assesses and responds to the individual, psycho social and spiritual needs of the patient and significant others. Acts as patient advocate in the coordination of patient care
- Demonstrates understanding and interpretation of diagnostic measures such as lab tests, radiology exams, and EKGs
- Identifies goals for the individual patient and communicates these goals to others involved in the patient's care
- Utilizing professional nursing judgment, takes action to implement the nursing care plan and resolve the problems identified for the individual patient
- Utilizes supplies, equipment, and resources to contain cost without compromising delivery of care
- Reduces chances of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices
- Reports and documents information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates a positive and caring attitude toward patient, peers, staff and all other contacts
- Seeks guidance, directions and assistance where needed. Follows Center Policy and Procedures at all time
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Center's communications/documents
- Gains knowledge of all equipment and supplies and is familiar with their location, especially emergency drugs, supplies, and equipment
- The staff member demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, and is able to identify and categorize each patient’s age-specific grouping of needs
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.- Staff Nurse
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirement via the form below.