Find a Physician
Medical Biller and Certified Coder – OB/GYNPrint
Job SummarySeattle Obstetrics and Gynecology Group, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Medical Biller/Coder.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/06/2020
At Seattle OB/GYN Group we are committed to providing comprehensive, expert obstetric and gynecologic care in a warm and personalized environment.
Seattle OB/GYN Group, founded in 1950, continues to be a premier Seattle OB/GYN group. We have delivered over 20,000 babies and performed thousands of gynecologic procedures. Located in the heart of the city, near Swedish Medical Center First Hill, we provide the full spectrum of OB/GYN care that is both individualized and evidence-based. Our dedicated medical staff of doctors and nurse practitioners works as a cohesive group and shares knowledge to provide excellent care for our patients. We are supported by a competent and caring office staff. Our obstetrician/gynecologists have extensive experience and are board certified with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
We are seeking a full time Medical Prior Authorization Rep to join our Billing team. OB/GYN experience is preferred. This individual must successfully demonstrate the following attributes:
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with difficult or stressful situations
· Outstanding customer service
· Well organized and detail oriented
General Statement of Duties:
- Obtain authorization from insurance for professional and facility services
- Collect surgery deposits
- Follow up on pending requests for additional documentation
- Communicate office policies with patients
- Detailed documentation of phone calls with patients and insurance companies
- Work with multiple systems such as NextGen, Greenway, Epic and payer websites
- Call/navigate insurance websites for authorization requirements and obtain timely authorizations including commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
- Communicate with insurance carriers and patients via phone or written correspondence.
- Follow up on insurance determination and communicate with providers and patients
- Verify insurance eligibility and insurance
- Provide medical records and required forms as needed to facilitate prior authorization process
- File appeals as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Coding Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, insurance (medical billing experience preferred)
- Ability to analyze data given to provide appropriate information to insurance companies
- Understanding of revenue cycle functions such as admission, billing, payments and denials
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.