Find a Physician
Accounts Receivable SpecialistPrint
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for the role of Accounts Receivable Specialist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 02/12/2020
Non Exempt Position.
REPORTS TO: Billing Office Supervisor; Director of Operations
The primary role of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is to complete timely insurance follow-up and to retrieve payment on unpaid claims. This includes researching, auditing, rebilling, and collection of accounts.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude; adaptable to new challenges and/or projects
- Team player
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Excellent public relations
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Accounts receivable follow up; includes written and verbal correspondence with patients
- Timely insurance follow-up on unpaid claim
- Write protest/appeal letters to insurance companies
- Research, audit, and investigate proper payment of claims and patient accounts; includes pulling batches and explanation of benefits (EOB) and knowledge of insurance contracts
- Prepare accounts for outside collection agencies
- Updating of patient insurance information, including memo entry for billing documentation
- Customer service - answer billing inquiries from patients and/or healthcare providers; make outgoing calls to insurance companies and patients
- Research and complete refunds for patient or insurance over-payments
- Discuss financial arrangements/create payment plans with patients
- Send letters to delinquent on payment letters to patients
- Post private and insurance payments
- Assist other personnel as directed by Supervisor/Manager
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor/Manager
- Must follow all policies as outlined in Employee Handbook
- 3+ years medical billing revenue cycle and account collections experience (required)
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to read EOB’s (explanation of benefits)
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding
- Skill in basic data entry; 10-key proficiency
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Understanding and respecting the need for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Occasionally requires working under stressful conditions or irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume via the form below or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.