Find a Physician
Medical Assistant, MA-CPrint
Job SummaryBellevue Ear Nose & Throat, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Medical Assistant, MA-C
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/08/2020
This full time position will be part of a dynamic team of Medical Assistants who support Bellevue ENT physicians at our Issaquah and Bellevue locations. In this role, the Medical Assistant (MA) will collaborate with physicians, other providers and the rest of the team in delivering patient care. As a patient care coordinator and advocate, the MA will maintain proper documentation, optimal patient flow and experience, clinical exam supplies and equipment while following compliance and regulatory guidelines in the delivery of care.
Education / Certification/ Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant Program
- Certified Medical Assistant required
- Experience with ENT or surgical practice preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, providers and patients effectively and professionally.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work efficiently
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record
- Ability to grasp new concepts and skills
- Knowledge of standard safety precautions and infection control measures
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively to assure maximum productivity
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medications
- Skilled in coping with fast paced often stressful situations with unpredictable circumstances in a professional, safe, and efficient manner
- Ability to help build the team by encouraging others, supporting others.
- Skilled in educating patients in pre and post care as it relates to our specialty
- Ability to cope and adjust to an ever changing environment
- Skilled in basic Medical Assisting duties, tasks, and processes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects of providing direct patient care for office visit patients
- Positioning patients for exams and procedures
- Do injections as directed
- Bandaging patients
- Obtaining vitals and chief complaints
- Other patient care related duties as necessary
- Assist provider with in clinic procedures
- Includes preparing patient surgical areas by using vigorous aseptic technique.
- Holding patients in position for extended periods of time by manipulating body parts, using instruments to hold surgical areas immobile, position patients on tables
- Handing provider instruments while standing for long periods of time
- Report test results to patients as indicated by physician in a timely manner
- Chart all vital information in electronic record as well as check to be sure all information related to medication, health history and reason for visit is obtained and documented
- Respond to voicemail messages directed to them preferably within same business day, but no later than 24 business hours, and perform action required. Documents all encounters.
- Maintain patient documentation for visit and communications in person or over the phone
- Obtain CT authorization and other prior authorization as needed and requested
- Assist provider in e-scribing, maintaining medication list
- Assist provider in maintaining communication with referring doctors
- Maintain equipment
- Follow daily team duties as assigned
- Perform CT when ordered
- Perform allergy immunization injections when indicated
- Perform special tasks assigned
- Stock supplies and clean exam and surgery rooms by lifting materials into place above head, above waist and while bending over.
- Coordinate care and diagnostic testing at other facilities as indicated by physician
- Performs all duties within company policies, procedures and regulatory framework
How to apply
Send resume to Glenda Smith, Practice Administrator, at email@example.com.