Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle (Seattle, WA) is looking for a Medical Assistant.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking an outgoing and energetic ATC/Medical Assistant to join our fast-paced clinic. We currently have 9 Physicians and 6 PA’s. The Ideal candidate can thrive in a busy environment; have a strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology, provide excellent customer service and assist the patient care team.
This position will have a primary responsibility of supporting the physicians with patient care by using the AT/MA’s knowledge of prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in the clinical setting. The AT/MA will be responsible for rooming patients, updating the electronic medical record, obtaining a thorough history, and presenting this information to the physician. Other duties include placing orders, removing or applying splints/braces, providing rehabilitation exercises, crutch training, and educating the patient and their family on the next steps of care.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Have initiative to ask questions, make proposals, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to clearly organize and maintain files and documents, both digital and printed
-Demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar tasks and equipment operation within the scope of position
-To accept change in a positive and professional manner and to lead others in the same
-Completion of a Certified Athletic Training or Certified Medical Assistant training program preferred
- Medical Assistant Registered with minimum 1 year of orthopedic experience may apply as well
- Current CPR (BLS)
-Excellent problem solving skills
-Knowledge of medical terminology
-Skills in basic data entry
-Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
-Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
-Ability to multi-task
-Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
-Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
-Consistency and timeliness in attendance