Find a Physician
Surgical Tech - Per DiemPrint
Job SummaryEdmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for an experienced Surgical Tech.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
We are a multi-specialty ASC, performing general, orthopedic, ENT, podiatry and cataract surgeries. The ideal candidate should have experience in a hospital and/or an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
The surgical technologist in the OR provides assistance to the surgeon and PA and OR team during the time the patient is present in the operating room.
Per Diem position.
There are no nights or weekend shifts and closed on observed holidays. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Problem solving skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality/HIPAA
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all staff
- Effective and clear communication
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patient, physicians and staff
- Assist in assuring that the proper supplies, instruments and equipment are available for the procedure
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly
- Monitor use of all supplies used. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health car
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2-year experience as a Surgical Tech
- Knowledge of General Surgery & Orthopedic Surgery preferred
- Graduate from an accredited Surgical Tech program
- Current WA State driver's license
- Current Washington State SURG TECH license
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.