Find a Physician
PATIENT ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVEPrint
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a premiere orthopedic practice minutes from downtown Seattle, is looking for a qualified individual to join our Business Office as a Patient Accounts Representative.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/29/2020
The role of the Patient Accounts Representative is to provide billing assistance and general support to the business office. This includes complete patient account representation from the data entry of payments and adjustments through the handling of billing inquiries and collections over the phone or in person.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and problem solve accounts
- Accounts receivable collections
- Posting of private and insurance payments
- Completing adjustments to patient accounts
- Updating of patient insurance information, including demographic entry and notes on accounts.
- Customer service - answer billing inquiries from patients over phone and in person
- Sorting mail
- Collect co-pays/pre-payments
- Charge entry as needed
- Minimum 2 years patient account/medical billing experience required
- Ability to read and interpret EOBs
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
Orthopedic Physician Associates offers a great teamwork environment and benefits package. Competitive salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume and include a cover letter with your desired salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about OPA visit us on the web at: https://www.opaortho.com.