Find a Physician
Pre-op and Post-op MAPrint
Job SummarySeattle Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for an energetic full time Medical Assistant to join our high-volume outpatient surgery center.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/27/2020
We specialize in Orthopedic and Outpatient Total Joint Replacement surgeries. We also have dedicated operating rooms for Ophthalmic and Cataract surgeries.
Medical assistants (MAs) work a rotating schedule of four – 10 hrs. shifts/week, day and evening hours, and no weekends. Major holidays are off with holiday pay included. Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including medical/rx, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan, and profit sharing. We offer competitive compensation based on candidate experience.
The primary role of the MA is to perform clinical and certain administrative duties under the direction of the Pre-op or PACU Registered Nurses. The MA assumes responsibility for tasks as assigned including patient care, recording vital signs, obtaining medical histories, discharge teaching and managing the patient flow in both Pre-op, Post-op, and Pain management departments. Additional responsibilities include keeping departments clean, stocked with necessary supplies, disinfecting patient care stations, and transferring patients between units and at time of discharge wheel chairing to vehicles. The MA along with every member of the ASC will make patient service and conveying a positive image a core part of daily work.
Skills and Abilities:
- Can thrive in a busy environment and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Provide excellent customer services, cooperation, and flexibility
- Communicate effectively, have initiative to ask questions, and seeks direction as needed
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Skilled in organization, accurately documenting in patient records, and maintains confidentiality
- Dependability, consistent and timely attendance
Experience and Certification:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center, Orthopedic, or Ophthalmology experience preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification or Registration
- Current BLS Certification
How to Apply:
Please submit application and resume via the form below or via email to: email@example.com.