Find a Physician
PACU RN Days/EveningsPrint
Job SummarySeattle Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for an energetic less than Full Time (~30hrs/wk) PACU RN to join our high-volume outpatient surgery center.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/27/2020
We specialize in Orthopedic and Outpatient Total Joint Replacement surgeries. We also have dedicated operating rooms for Ophthalmic and Cataract surgeries.
As an ASC our PACU staff provides care until patients are ready for discharge. This Days/Evenings PACU RN position would work core hours of 1100 am to 7:30 pm with some variability in start and end times. Scheduled four – 8 hour shifts (approximately 30 hours/week). No weekends. Major holidays are off with holiday pay included. Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including medical/rx, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan, and profit sharing. We offer competitive compensation based on candidate experience.
The primary role of the PACU RN is to provide nursing care by assessment, planning, treatment, and evaluation of patient. This includes safe, knowledgeable, individualized care and teaching to patients and their families. As a team member, the PACU RN is involved in maintaining patient flow efficiently, disinfecting patient care stations, and transferring patients between units and at time of discharge. The RN along with every member of the ASC will make patient service and conveying a positive image a core part of daily work.
Skills and Abilities:
- Can thrive in a busy environment and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Provide excellent customer services, cooperation, and flexibility
- Communicate effectively with care team, Physicians, and a problem solver
- Attention to details to infection control and environmental safety practices
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Reports and documents in a timely manner following ASC policy and procedures
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement activities
- Addresses patient needs through comfort measures, reassurance, and being a patient advocate
- Dependability, consistent and timely attendance
Experience and Certification:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center, Orthopedic, or Ophthalmology experience preferred
- PACU, ER, or ICU experience preferred
- Current Washington State RN Licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification or within 90 days upon hire date
How to Apply:
Please submit application and resume via the form below or via email to email@example.com