Find a Physician
Certified Medical AssistantPrint
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint Clinic, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a certified Medical Assistant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/27/2020
Provides skilled nursing care under physician supervision in a clinical setting. Works primarily with one physician; but will at times assist other providers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Escorts patients to examination rooms, checks vital signs, performs nursing assessment, takes histories, prepares patient for exam, and maintains a timely clinic patient flow
- Prepares the chart according to policy. Fully documents progress notes from all patient interactions, including current medications, allergies, presenting problem or complaint
- Maintains medical records, problem list and medication logs
- Prepares and administers medications as delegated by provider, within scope of license
- Prepares for procedures and minor surgeries, assists provider following procedure guidelines and safety standards. Maintains updated procedure guidelines
- Makes arrangements for prescriptions and refills, surgery scheduling as indicated, tests, referrals and appointments. Call in prescription refills and complete documentation.
- Obtains lab results and charts for physician review. Returns patient calls and assists with patient education
- Maintains exam rooms, nursing stations and procedure rooms. Cleans and stocks work areas following guidelines. Cleans and follows disinfection and sterilization procedures using universal precautions as stated in OSHA and policy guidelines
- Monitors appointment schedules for current day and upcoming week. Informs provider of schedule changes and reviews schedule for next day. Notes changes before going home at night
- Informs patient and front desk of schedule changes and current waiting time
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Help Triage with phone calls and assist other clinical staff as needed
- Checks with team members before going home and assists as needed. As need arises, will float between clinicians covering absences and vacations
- Maintains a high level of education and understanding of current clinical standards and trends through reading, in-services, seminars and other CME opportunities
- Demonstrates interest and initiative regarding safety issues for both patient and personal safety
- Understands insurance and referral requirements, CPT and ICD-9 coding, financial data on charts, fee tickets, computer notes. Directs patients to Business Office regarding financial issues and insurance authorizations
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. Work is performed in an office environment. Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
To Apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org