Find a Physician
Physician’s Assistant Certified (PA-C)Print
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint Clinic, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc. is looking for a full-time Physician Assistant- Certified to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 07/27/2020
The Physician Assistant will assist orthopedic surgeons in all capacities of patient care. This involves various settings including maintaining a clinic practice, assisting in the Operating Room, handling ER call, and making Hospital Rounds. The primary goal is to provide excellent orthopedic care under the supervision of the Orthopedic Specialists of EBJ, while working within an approved scope of practice.
- Treat patients in accordance with the highest standards of the physicians with an emphasis on high-quality orthopedic care
- Ideal candidates will be highly organized with an internal motivation to succeed
- Documented completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program and a current Washington State Physician Assistant license is required
- Specific orthopedic or joints related expertise is preferred but not required
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Team player
- Excellent public relations
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
- Shows concern patients
- Pleasant and patient personality
- Positive Attitude
- Reliable, Punctual
- Diligent and detail oriented
Duties and Responsibilities
- Surgery Assists:
- Assisting in moving & positioning patients/organizing x-rays/writing orders
- Greeting/ identifying patient
- Completing paperwork
- Familiarization with specific surgical procedures prior to their performance
- Hospital Rounds:
- Patient care/charting
- Interaction with staff, consultants, and discharge planners.
- Emergency Room: evaluation and treatment of patients
- Call: As scheduled
- Clinic: As scheduled
- Outpatient care of orthopedic patients
- Joint aspiration/injection
- Patient education
- Returning patient phone calls and refilling medication
- Filling out paperwork for return to work, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
This position may require travel between our Satellite clinic and main facility (Monroe)
- Completion of accredited Physician’s Assistant Program
- Washington State Physician Assistant License, current
- Current CPR Certification
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job requires vision and hearing correctable to normal range. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is required to walk, sit and stand. Work is performed in a clinic, office, hospital ambulatory surgery center and hospital operating room environments. Some bending and stretching is required. Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments and computer keyboard. Occasional lifting and transferring up to 150lbs. Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours.
- Annual Salary
- Paid Medical, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Malpractice Insurance
- WA State Licensure and DEA Registration
- 401k matching eligibility after 12 months’ employment, (bi-annual enrollment)
- Paid Personal Leave (Includes sick leave) 3.2 - weeks per year
A probationary period will exist for the first 90 days of employment
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How to Apply:
To Apply, please send your resume along with a cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.