Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Retina, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a qualified Referral Coordinator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/18/2020
Proliance Retina is seeking an experienced referral coordinator for a full-time position. This position requires extensive knowledge of private and government payer rules in regards to referrals and prior-authorizations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify, track, and obtain appropriate referrals from insurance and/or PCP for all office visits
- Request prior-authorizations for procedures and surgeries
- Urgent referrals handled as a top priority
- Obtain retro-referrals and authorizations as indicated
- Maintain accurate records, tracking the status and receipt of completed referrals
- Additional billing office tasks may be added to a daily task list as indicated
- At least 2-year experience with referrals and prior-authorizations (highly preferred in ophthalmology)
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding is required
- Must be up-to-date on all changes in health insurance industry and health exchange programs
- Strong computer and communication skills are a must
- NextGen knowledge is preferred
- Strong attention to detail and concern for completing task correctly and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities according to urgency and importance
- Maintains a professional positive attitude at all times
- Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations
How to Apply:
Please send you resume with a cover letter to Yuliya Petrov at firstname.lastname@example.org.