Find a Physician
Operating Room Registered NursePrint
Job SummarySeattle Orthopedic Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Operating Room Registered Nurse.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/06/2020
Seattle Orthopedic Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, has an immediate opening for 2 full time Operating Room circulating Registered Nurses for our busy 10 surgeon, 2 operating room outpatient surgery center; operating room experience is preferred. We have a team approach and pride ourselves on working together to provide exceptional care to all of our patients. We are centrally located in the Wallingford neighborhood within walking distance to many restaurants and coffee shops! There are no nights, weekends or holidays.
We offer competitive wages, a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage and 401k retirement plans. Free parking, catered lunch provided once a week, snack and beverage stocked break room, espresso machine, and additional employee perks.
- Current certification in BLS
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington state
- Current certification in ACLS, or within 1 month of hire
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form and document accurately and completely
- Ability to work independently and multitask with minimal supervision
- Requires extensive mobility (walking and standing).
- Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment.
A. Maintenance of Safety
- Assures that the sponge, needle, and instrument counts are correct
- Positions the patient
- Applies grounding device to patient
- Provides physical support
B. Physiological Monitoring
- Calculates effects on patient of excessive fluid loss
- Distinguishes normal from abnormal cardiopulmonary data
- Reports changes in patient’s pulse, respirations, temperature, and blood pressure
C. Psychological Monitoring (prior to induction and if patient is conscious)
- Provides emotional support to patient. Stands near/touches patient during procedures/induction. Continues to assess patient’s emotional status. Communicates patient’s emotional status to other appropriate members of the health care team. Provides physical safety for the patient. Maintains aseptic, controlled environment
How to Apply:
Please submit resume/cover letter via the form below or via email to: email@example.com.