Find a Physician
Pediatric Communications CoordinatorPrint
Job SummaryBellevue Ear, Nose, and Throat Clinic, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a qualified Pediatric Communications Coordinator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/11/2020
PEDIATRIC Communications Coordinator
Title: Pediatric Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Practice Administrator
Performance Review: Practice Administrator
Hiring Decision: Practice Administrator
Status: Part Time Hourly
To provide direct clinical and administrative support to physicians, other providers and patients. General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence as coordinator and advocate in the Communications Clinic. Maintains clinical documentation, assures optimal patient flow and experience, and follows OSHA/WISHA/other compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Degree/Certification as Medical Assistant-C, LPN or other allied health professional. This would be an ideal role for speech or hearing therapists.
- 3 years in an outpatient clinic setting (pediatrics desired)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using electronic health records
- Knowledge of pediatric ENT (desired)
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
Specific Duties of Pediatric Communications Coordinator:
Coordinates patient care for multidisciplinary providers In the Pediatric Communications Clinic.
- Patient Communications Coordinator will cross train and become knowledgeable in the fields of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Pediatric Speech Pathology, and Pediatric Audiology as they pertain to ear, hearing, speech and voice problems in children.
- Help the Pediatric Otolaryngology MA to coordinate and grow the Pediatric Communication clinic. Growth plans include the expansion of clinic, starting from two 1/2 days clinic a month, two 1/2 day OR a month and potentially more as the needs arises.
- During clinics and OR days, will support patients and providers with patient education and coordination.
- During non-clinical time, will support the team in various clinical and administrative activities:
- Support this patient population by helping to triage referrals, performing medical intake histories, collection of medical records, and patient support in preparation for collaborative management with providers in the Communications clinic.
- Handle phone calls from Communications patients and coordinate and triage answers from the providers.
- Support this patient population by education and management of ENT, speech, and audiology concerns such as medications, scheduling, forms, record keeping and insurance appeals.
- Assist Communications patients and providers, outside of team, where the need arises.
- May support non-Communications patients, and providers, from ENT upon availability.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org