Find a Physician
Medical Assistant - CertifiedPrint
Job SummaryThe Rainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking to fill a full-time (40 hours per week) Certified Medical Assistant position.
Job DescriptionPosted: 08/19/2020
This position is primarily responsible for collecting the initial patient history, preparing patients for exam and assisting the physicians and physician assistants with examinations and procedures.
Days: M-F (no weekends or observed holidays)
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute is a busy orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician practice including 6 surgeons and 1 physiatrist practicing in 2 locations. Our Mission is to provide unsurpassed medical care through servanthood commitment and skilled orthopedic excellence. Our staff strives to deliver compassionate and ethical treatment to our patients.
Job Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
- Escort patients to exam room and complete all rooming standard activities.
- Take initial patient history noting patient’s current reason for visit.
- Prepare patient and room for examination or procedure by physician or PA-C.
- Provide patient education. Explain nature of exam, test or treatment.
- Assist physician or PA-C with exam or procedure.
- Prepare specimens and place orders for outside lab testing.
- Properly and safely dispose of contaminated supplies according to policy and procedure.
- Apply or remove casts or splints as directed by the physician and/or PA-C.
- Process all prescription requests as directed by physician or PA-C.
- Restock exam rooms with needed supplies.
- Check voicemail messages throughout the day and return all patient calls before end of day.
- Screen and properly triage all telephone and patient portal messages from patients.
- Schedule patient consultation appointments.
- Help process necessary clinical information including chart preparation and triaging referrals with physicians and receptionists.
- Obtain patient medical records, lab reports, x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information as needed prior to each patient visit.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Medical Assistant Lead
Physical Demands: Include, but are not limited to:
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in a medical office environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to assist patients from sitting to standing position.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exercises discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Performs duties in a professional and tactful manner.
- Maintains a professional and friendly attitude with patients, other professionals and co-workers.
- Flexible and adaptable to change and stressful situations.
- Medical office experience required
- Medical terminology knowledge required
- NextGen (EMR) experience desired
- Orthopedic clinic practice experience preferred
- High School education or GED required
- Hold an active Medical Assistant Certification in the State of Washington
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume through the form below or email to Todd Bate at email@example.com