Find a Physician
Job SummaryPuyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Surgery Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/02/2020
Puyallup Surgical Consultants, a well-established General Surgery clinic is looking for a part time, experienced surgery scheduler to
work in conjunction with our full time scheduler Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
This is a part time non-benefits position that may lead to a full time position in the future.
- Triage incoming calls from patients who have surgeries scheduled or need to be scheduled
- Schedule tests
- Get medical & cardiac clearance as needed
- Order pre-op tests
- Review medications & health history as needed
- Review & respond to voice mails
- Assist surgery scheduler with overflow as directed
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take direction
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Must possess tact & diplomacy
- Must be flexible by adapting to new & changing situations & duties in order to meet surgeon & patient needs effectively
- Excellent time management
- Ability to exercise judgment & make decisions
- Calm under sometimes stressful conditions
- Prefer one year of prior surgery scheduling experience in a health care setting
- EPIC, NextGen EMR preferred
- Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, Outlook
- Must type 60 wpm
- Medical terminology helpful
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, complete the form below or email your coverletter/resume to email@example.com.