Find a Physician
Cash Posting SupervisorPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons Central Service Office, located in downtown Seattle, is currently seeking a qualified Cash Posting Supervisor.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each teammate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business teammates and our community teammates. Every teammate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
The role of the Cash Posting Supervisor is a valued member of our Revenue Cycle team. As the Cash Posting Supervisor, you will be responsible to oversee daily operations of the cash posting team. Staff responsibilities include posting remittance advice to patient accounts, resolving any errors after posting payments, posting guarantor payments and ensuring reconciliation of all posted cash with bank deposits.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
- Ability to manage multiple factors for the best result.
- Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solutions
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Clear oral and written communication
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
- Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Revenue Cycle Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains daily responsibility of the timely and accurate posting of all manual and electronic transactions
- Provides onboarding/ongoing training and support to cash posting team to ensure quality standards are met
- Organize workflow and ensure payment posters understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor posters productivity to ensure staff meet posting deadlines
- Set Goals for performance, Provide constructive feedback and coaching when necessary
- Participate in recruitment efforts for cash management staff
- Complete duties and assist others as directed
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 3-5 years business office, revenue cycle posting experience
- Cash posting reconciliation experience
- Experience with Nextgen and Amkai Billing Systems preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.