Find a Physician
Patient Account RepresentativePrint
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Patient Account Representative.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/22/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Orthopedic Physician Associates, a premiere orthopedic practice minutes from downtown Seattle, is looking for a qualified individual to join our Business Office as a Patient Accounts Representative. The role of the Patient Accounts Representative is to provide billing assistance and general support to the business office. This includes complete patient account representation from the data entry of payments and adjustments through the handling of billing inquiries and collections over the phone or in person.
Orthopedic Physician Associates offers a great teamwork environment and benefits package. Competitive salary is based on qualifications and experience. To learn more about OPA visit us on the web at: https://www.opaortho.com.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and problem solve accounts
- Accounts receivable collections
- Posting of private and insurance payments
- Completing adjustments to patient accounts
- Updating of patient insurance information, including demographic entry and notes on accounts.
- Customer service - answer billing inquiries from patients over phone and in person
- Sorting mail
- Collect co-pays/pre-payments
- Charge entry as needed
- Minimum 2 years patient account/medical billing experience required
- Ability to read and interpret EOBs
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and knowledge of CPT and ICD10 coding
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.