Find a Physician
Revenue Cycle Support ClerkPrint
Job SummaryProliance Surgeons, Inc. is currently seeking a qualified Revenue Cycle Support Clerk.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/24/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
At Proliance Surgeons, it is our mission to be the leader in physician-managed healthcare services. Each teammate contributes to our vision of excellent surgical and clinical care for every patient, every day. Our values of Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Mutual Respect and Innovation transcend all of our relationships: our patients and their loved ones, one another as team members, our business teammates and our community teammates. Every teammate is expected to embrace and demonstrate these shared values.
The role of the Revenue Cycle Support clerk is a valued member of our Revenue Cycle team. As the Revenue Cycle Support clerk, you will provide basic types of clerical support to the unit/team/department. This position will be interactive with all Proliance Surgeons sites.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
- Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Clear oral and written communication
- Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Revenue Cycle Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Open, distribute and scan daily incoming revenue cycle mail
- Ability to navigate within Proliance Surgeons billing systems
- Review and investigate all returned mail for appropriate forwarding address
- Consistently provide high quality work in a timely manner as expected
- Preparation of outgoing documents, claims and correspondence requests
- Process Private payments
- Act as a backup to payment and patient accounts team
- Assist with Revenue Cycle projects as needed
- Complete duties and assist others as directed
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-3 years Medical office setting
- Great organizational and multitasking abilities
- Experience with Nextgen and Amkai Billing Systems preferred
- Ability to effectively use Office equipment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Outlook
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required. Use of Computer, Copier/Scanner is required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.