Find a Physician
Job SummaryEdmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Sterilization/Instrument Tech.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/29/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers
including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in
Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose &
throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
We are a multi-specialty ASC, performing general, orthopedic, ENT, podiatry and cataract surgeries. The
ideal candidate should have experience in a hospital and/or an Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking a full time Sterile
Instrument Supply Technician. The Sterile Instrument Supply Technician works under the supervision of
the Clinical Director to ensure the proper cleaning, sterilizing and maintenance of surgical instruments
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Candidates must be able to function at a high level of quality with minimal supervision
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments and equipment
- Packaging and assembly of surgical trays
- Maintenance of sterilization equipment including testing and recording of sterilization test results
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a sterile processing department at a surgery center or hospital
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- In depth knowledge of sterilization techniques and infection control
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Physical ability to complete tasks including visual and dexterity capability as well as lifting up to 30 bs.
- Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with
profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing
program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an
inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives,
experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and
individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin,
sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present
military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other
status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.