Find a Physician
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Certified Physician Assistant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 09/30/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Orthopedic Physician Associates (OPA) is Seattle’s premier provider of orthopedic services. Our physicians and clinical staff work together to ensure that patients receive complete orthopedic care, whether surgical or nonsurgical, for problems or diseases of the bones, joints and muscles. OPA physicians are board certified in Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Physiatry and Anesthesiology and each has advanced subspecialty Fellowship training in Sports, Joints, Foot & Ankle, Spine and Trauma. OPA Physicians are known regionally and throughout the world as leaders in their fields. They lecture frequently, train others and develop new surgical techniques and many of the breakthrough hardware used in today’s surgeries.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will be assisting the aligned physician in all capacities of patient care. This will include patient care in the clinic, the operating room and on the hospital units. PA provides direct clinical and administrative support to the physician(s). General purpose is to triage patient phone calls, questions, and correspondence. The patients will be treated in accordance with the highest standards of the physicians with respect and emphasis on high-quality orthopedic care.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Outpatient clinic organizational ability
- Punctual and Dependable
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist physicians with patients seen in office
- Minor office procedures (removing sutures, dressing changes, etc.)
- Take history for new patients
- Answer medical questions in office and on the phone, screening appointments
- Patients surgery and test scheduling
- Pre and post-operative patient education
- Post-operative follow-up with patients
- Prescription callbacks
- Organize physician mail, etc., as needed
- Process test results
- Serve as liaison between physician and patient
- Backup to cast technician
- Maintain a clinic schedule
- See postoperative patients
- Generate a high level of familiarity with physicians' routines and postoperative guidelines
- Refer all patients requiring physical therapy, MRI and DEXA Scans to appropriate facilities
- See add-on patients.
- Complete all required paperwork regarding patients, including but not limited to DLI paperwork, insurance/disability forms, and return-to-work issues
- Arrive on time, and treat office staff courteously and with respect
- Develop and maintain a clinical practice, caring for patients that are managed non-operatively
- Clinic schedule will be set in conjunction with the supervising physician to accommodate and dovetail with surgical responsibilities
- Complete dictated notes on the day the patient is seen
- Assist as directed by Physician/Executive Director
- Assist other Medical Assistants as needed
- Document in EHR, when applicable, including building templates and other EHR clinical support responsibilities, to be determined
- Documented completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Washington State Physician Assistant License
- NCCPA Certification (preferred)
- Outpatient orthopedic experience (preferred)
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office hospital and surgical environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments, and computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.