Find a Physician
Job SummaryOrthopedic Physician Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking an Administrative Specialist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/08/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Orthopedic Physician Associates (OPA) is Seattle’s premier provider of orthopedic services. Our physicians and clinical staff work together to ensure that patients receive complete orthopedic care, whether surgical or nonsurgical, for problems or diseases of the bones, joints and muscles. OPA physicians are board certified in Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Physiatry and Anesthesiology and each has advanced subspecialty Fellowship training in Sports, Joints, Foot & Ankle, Spine and Trauma. OPA Physicians are known regionally and throughout the world as leaders in their fields. They lecture frequently, train others and develop new surgical techniques and many of the breakthrough hardware used in today’s surgeries.
Provide administrative support as required to the OPA Management Team and OPA physicians.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality; works well with a variety of people
- Flexible attitude
- Team player
- Interfaces well with staff and physicians
- Professional demeanor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process payroll
- Assist Business Office with prepays, adjustments, rejections, and claims.
- Coordinate meetings including room scheduling, notification to attendees and catering
- Maintain and distribute monthly calendar including monthly meeting schedule for OPA Physicians, Executive Director and staff
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries (FedEx, courier, etc.)
- Travel arrangements for physicians and company staff
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Attend select meetings; assist with meeting schedules; document minutes; assist with follow-up
- Assist with correspondence, newsletters, etc.
- High school diploma
- College degree preferred
- Minimum one year of administrative secretarial training or experience
- Physician credentialing experience desired
- 2+ years experience with payroll
- Typing skills of 80wpm
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Internet proficiency
- Ability to use credentialing software and website updating software
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to problem solve
- Exceptional spelling and grammar
- Ability to accept challenging and new projects
- Skill in reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Must follow all policies as outlined in Employee Handbook
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Work is performed in an office hospital and surgical environment
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments, and computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.