Find a Physician
Job SummaryRainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Certified Physician Assistant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/12/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute is a busy orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician practice including 6 surgeons and 1 physiatrist practicing in 2 locations. Our Mission is to provide unsurpassed medical care through servanthood commitment and skilled orthopedic excellence. Our staff strives to deliver compassionate and ethical treatment to our patients.
The Rainier Orthopedic Institute, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is seeking to fill a full-time exempt Certified Physician Assistant to join our team. The PA-C would be responsible for assisting the physicians in all aspects of a busy orthopedic multi-subspecialty surgeon and physiatrist practice. This would include maintaining a clinic practice, assisting in a hospital setting OR, assisting in an owned/operated Ambulatory Surgery Center, participating in a PA-C call rotation (currently only 4-6 days per month on average), and occasionally rounding on patients in the hospital.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a clinic based practice
- See new, established and post-op recheck patients
- Joint aspirations and injections
- Medication refill requests
- Place diagnostic, surgery and referral orders
- Complete all necessary paperwork/reports for injured workers and return to work
- Patient education
- Surgery Assist
- Greet the patient
- Assist with preparing/positioning patient for surgery
- Perform all aspects of a First Assist including closing
- Have a strong knowledge of orthopedic surgical procedure prior to start of case
- Assist with all aspects of hospital rounding if requested by surgeon
- Hospital Rounds
- Participate in Call as scheduled
- Other tasks as assigned by the Clinic Administrator and Physician Supervisor
- Completion of an accredited Physician’s Assistant Program
- Current Washington State Physician’s Assistant license
- Current BLS certification
- NextGen and Epic experience desired
- Orthopedic experience preferred, but not required
- Strong preference will be given to those candidates with greater than 2 years of experience in orthopedics and/or spine surgery specialties
- Ability to multitask and utilize critical thinking and communication
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and to remain objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Patient and pleasant personality
- Works well with a variety of people including patients, providers and other staff members
- Very detail orientated
- Ability to self-direct and work independently ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the clinic and utilize universal precautions where appropriate
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential
- The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with patients and physicians
- Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in clinic, ASC and hospital environments
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Exposure to methyl methacrylate (bone cement) during some surgical procedures
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus, ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Annual Salary plus incentive bonus available based on net production
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- WA State Licensure and DEA Registration
- Continuing Education reimbursement up to $1500/year