Find a Physician
Surgery Scheduler Print
Job SummarySeattle Neuro and Spine Surgery, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Surgery Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/13/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
The role of the Surgery Scheduler is essential to providing excellent surgical care and clinical care for every patient, every day. This role makes certain that the patient is scheduled in a timely, accurate, efficient and compassionate manner so that the processes surrounding the procedure are of no distraction or concern. The primary responsibility is to ensure, organize, and maintain an active, accurate and operational surgery schedule for all involved. The surgery scheduler is crucial to our customer service, comfort and care, and successful outcomes!
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
- Ability to manage multiple factors for the best result.
- Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solution
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
- Clear oral and written communication
- Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
- Able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions
- Measure self against standard of excellence,
- Overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of the Surgery Scheduler typically include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance to all patients and/or their caregivers on completing necessary forms and information to be provided, making sure to update this in the practice management software; ensure completion of all pre and post operational data
- Assist with facilitation of outside referrals and/or out of state consultations
- Schedule appointments via phone or in-person, verifying eligibility, facilitation of referrals and triaging with physicians and clinical staff to resolve any scheduling problems
- Make reservations for surgeries and schedule the date based on the availability of the surgeon, the surgical team and the medical condition of the patient
- Assure appropriate coordination with other medical professionals involved and the related surgical center/location’s departments, when special surgical needs occur.
- Schedule any diagnostic testing required and the related follow-up
- Act as a contact for patients with regards to surgery scheduling
- Inform the patient and any relevant third party through instructions about “things to do” before and after surgery
- Set post-surgical appointments with physicians and perform all related tests and tasks
- Complete duties and assist others as directed
- Must follow all policies as introduced during new associate On-Boarding, updated real-time and outlined in Associate Handbook[CB1]
- High school diploma or its equivalent required, courses related to anatomy, biology, physiology or medical terminology a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in a medical office
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications; NextGen and/or EMR experience is an asset
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and function well in a fast paced, high pressure environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.