Find a Physician
Receptionist/Patient Service RepresentativePrint
Job SummaryProliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Receptionist/Patient Services Representative.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/13/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Proliance Orthopedics and Sports Medicine specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of general orthopedic conditions and sports injuries, in addition to conditions requiring more specialty-focused care. With convenient Eastside locations in Bellevue, Redmond, and Issaquah, our team of highly skilled physicians give you the confidence that you are in the right place, and the right hands.
The role of the Receptionist/Patient Service Representative is to act as a liaison for patient appointments, gathering and inputting registration information, performing front office support roles including records and accommodating patient service. This includes booking appointments, greeting patients, processing necessary information to support that activity and coordinating with physicians and medical assistants on acute scheduling problems.
Essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible attitude; works well with a variety of people
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Effective communicator
- Professional demeanor
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with scheduling appointment
- Check in/register new patients, verify information on established patients, and update patient information in compute
- Collect co-pay
- Facilitate flow of patients by coordinating with medical assistants
- Accomplish other front office tasks such as records filing, faxing, opening mail, etc.
- Complete duties as directed by supervisor
- High School education
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Medical Reception experience:1-2 years (desired), ENT preferred
- Background with future health plans (desired)
- Physician Medical Office: 2 Years (Preferred)
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Ability to accurately type/data entry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.