Find a Physician
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Receptionist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/14/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Everett Bone and Joint Clinic is the premier Orthopedic Surgery group in Everett Washington. We are board certified physicians specializing in treating disorders of the bones, joints, nerves and muscles. We also have an accredited surgical facility on site and a MRI facility nearby.
The role of Medical Receptionist is to act as liaison for patients and providers by providing telephone coverage, gathering and entering information into Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records applications, scheduling appointments, and working in a team environment to perform front office support duties for our busy Orthopedic office.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
• Excellent customer service
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills
• Detail oriented/strong attention to detail
• Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients and staff
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a fast paced environment
• Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, track and call incoming referrals
• Check in/register patients, verify information on established patients and update patient information in computer
• Insurance documentation and verification
• Collect co-pays and payments on account
• Complete duties as directed by manager
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years relevant experience in an office setting
• Prefer minimum 1 year of Medical Reception experience
• Problem solving skills
• Skill in basic data entry
• Skill in using a computer, Epic and NextGen experience a plus
• Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
• Knowledge of basic math skills
• Understand and respecting the need for confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintain effective working relationships with all staff
• Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and on the phone
• Constancy and timeliness in attendance
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Corrected vision and hearing to normal range is required
- Requires standing, walking and sitting for extended periods of time
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.