Find a Physician
Job SummarySeattle Surgery Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Surgery Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/16/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Seattle Surgery Center is one of the largest freestanding ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) in the Pacific Northwest. Founded in 1988 as the First Hill Surgery Center, it was relocated to its present site in 1993 on the old Cabrini Hospital location at Madison and Boren Streets in the center of Seattle’s medical establishment on First Hill. SSC is a seven operating room, multi-specialty ASC with a strong focus on orthopedic and ophthalmology procedures. Surgeons from Proliance, PacMed, Virginia Mason, and a host of smaller surgical groups practice at Seattle Surgery Center.
Assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient surgery scheduling and admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, gathering and verifying pertinent information. Compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate facility systems.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated skill on computer input and/or personal computer operation.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Multi task and deadline orientated
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling of surgical procedures by obtaining all demographic information
- Coordinate with nursing staff to ensure all needed instruments, drugs, and supplies are available for the case
- Processes referrals and coordinates admissions of all patients in an efficient, responsive manner
- Demonstrates appropriate use of all systems involved in the admissions process
- Implements action plan for all pending cases to maximize conversion of referrals to admissions
- Answers telephone promptly and effectively, completing all intake forms as appropriate
- Maintains timely and accurate communication with supervisor and/or administrator regarding schedule changes, problems or department needs
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 2 or more years clerical experience, preferably in a health care environment
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent professional, organizational, and communication skills
- General office and/or secretarial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.