Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Surgery Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/19/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
This full-time Surgery Scheduler position is for our Issaquah, Bellevue and Redmond locations, supporting our growing clinics as well as our expanding ASC. Surgery schedulers work as a team to serve our surgeons and our clinical patients. This position reports to the Surgery Scheduling Lead. Applicants should be strong team players, always putting patient care first. Full-time hours are Monday-Friday, variable shifts.
Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, in Issaquah/Bellevue/Redmond, is looking for a Surgery Scheduler to join our team. We are offering a $1,000 signing bonus at this time!
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Detail and results oriented
- Function independently as well as a team player
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with physicians and staff
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with physicians, management and staff
- Ability to multitask and triage patients based on established protocols
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Composure in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible to change as we continually adapt to meet the needs of our patients
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Our Surgery Schedulers are expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate surgery times between patients, physicians and facilities
- Interact professionally and effectively with clinicians, patients and outside facilities
- Ability to coordinate pre-operative testing and provide instructions and pre-operative resources to patients
- Strong collaboration with our back-office, front office and business office teams
- Effectively coordinate peer-to-peer discussions between clinicians and insurance companies
- Phone, fax, MyChart and email correspondence
- Coordinate schedules with physician assistants and/or co-surgeons
- Must be punctual and have a reliable attendance record
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Surgery scheduling experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare/office experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Problem solving skills
- Experience with EMR preferred, particularly Epic and NextGen EPM
- Strong background in phones and interpersonal customer service
- Must be a self-starter, meticulous and highly organized
- CPR/BLS certification preferred. Training and certification offered on-site biannually
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- This position may be stressful at times.
- Working 40 hours per week. Some responsibilities may require longer work hours in order to complete assignments.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus, ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.