Find a Physician
Job SummaryProliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for a Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/19/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of general orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries, in addition to conditions requiring more specialty-focused care. With convenient Eastside locations in Bellevue, Redmond, and Issaquah, our team of highly skilled physicians give you the confidence that you are in the right place, and the right hands.
Proliance Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., currently has an opening for an Appointment Scheduler. An Appointment Scheduler is the first point of contact for our patients where they will schedule their appointments, gather and input registration information.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Patient and pleasant personality. Works well with all types of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player; interfaces well with staff, patients and providers
- Maintains professional demeanor
- Strong critical thinking skills and problem solver
- Organized and able to multi-task
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phones and handles calls in a professional and timely manner
- Maintains positive interactions at all times with patients, referring offices and staff
- Schedules new patient and follow up appointments for our 3 locations
- Ensures all appropriate demographic, financial and insurance information is obtained and recorded accurately
- Provides back up coverage for front office staff as requested by supervisor (i.e., rest breaks, vacations and sick leave)
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing (Desired)
- 1-2 Years of Customer Service Experience (Desired)
- Current State licensure and CPR, ACLS and PALS accreditation (Desired)
- Two years of OR, Recovery Room, Intensive Care or Emergency Room experience is desired
- Understanding of the coordination between the physician office and surgical settings to schedule patient and arrange for surgical cases
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently
- Ability to understand comprehensive patient exams and treatment plans
- Must be able to handle multi-level phone system with a high volume of calls at one time
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work efficiently
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record
- Ability to grasp new concepts and skills
- Honesty and integrity
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboar
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working at times fast paced
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.