Find a Physician
Reception Appointment SchedulerPrint
Job SummaryEdmonds Orthopedic Center, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Reception Appointment Scheduler.
Job DescriptionPosted: 10/27/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for patient scheduling, data entry of insurance information, general patient inquires, scanning and more. Medical office and reception experience is required.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with physicians and staff
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with physicians, management and staff
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete.
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Medical Receptionist is expected to perform position-related duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Make appointments for future follow up
- Take incoming phone calls
- Insurance verification and reminder calls
- Communicate timely and effectively with providers when on ER call, paying attention to detail
- Scanning of patient medical records
- Collection of payments for DME (durable medical goods)
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- High school diploma
- At least 1 year of medical reception experience
- Data entry experience
- NextGen experience would be ideal
- Ability to self-motivate
- Work independently as well as with others as a team
- Be flexible. Cross train to provide the coverage when needed for other team members
- Have organization skills and the ability to follow through with tasks given
- Ability to work collaboratively under pressure, and multitask
- Excellent time management skills and sound judgment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- This position may be stressful at times
- Working 40 hours per week. Some responsibilities may require longer work hours in order to complete assignments.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.