Find a Physician
Billing Specialist Print
Job SummaryPuget Sound Ear, Nose, & Throat, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a qualified Billing Specialist.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/03/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Puget Sound ENT is a premier ear, nose & throat specialty practice located in Edmonds for over forty years.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for the full cycle of billing from posting charges & payments to follow up on unpaid claims, denials, appeals and past due patient accounts.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Superior interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with Hipaa and compliance guidelines established by Proliance Surgeons
- Entry of charges and payment posting for all services
- Reconciliation and audit of correct payments on accounts
- Daily bank deposit via check scanner
- Timely accounts receivable collections
- Posting of private and insurance payments
- Refund processing
- Updating patient insurance information
- Processing credit card payments via telephone
- Processes payer medical record requests
- Respond to patient account inquires
- 3 years of experience working in a physician group practice billing department
- Familiar with CPT and ICD-10 coding for otolaryngology
- Comfortable using email and interacting with internet applications
- Strong analytical skills and an affinity for detail
- Ability to read and analyze accounts receivable and payer reports
- Comfortable interpreting EOB's
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of ENT specialty
- Familiar with Next Gen software
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Some bending and stretching required. Use of telephone is required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard, telephone, copier, fax and 10-key
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day - including cell phone service I
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Pro/iance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.