Find a Physician
Front Desk Patient CoordinatorPrint
Job SummaryProliance Hand, Wrist, and Elbow Physicians, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Front Desk Patient Coordinator.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/05/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Proliance Hand, Wrist and Elbow Physicians is seeking someone to join our fast pace, growing hand surgical team. Our physicians and staff work together to ensure that patients receive the highest quality of care for their injuries or disorders of the hands and upper extremities. Our mission is to provide quality and compassionate medical care to the community, to educate and assist patients in their healing process and to create a safe and inviting environment for our patients and staff.
The role of the Front Desk Patient Care Coordinator position is to act as a liaison for patient appointments, gathering and inputting registration information, performing front office support roles including records and accommodating patient service.
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Superior customer service skills
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Skill in using a computer
- Answering incoming calls, screening calls and taking/checking messages
- Opening/closing clinic
- Scheduling Appointments
- Making copies of front desk forms as needed
- Calling and Scheduling Referrals
- Checking patients in and out
- Preparing Charts
- Processing Faxes
- Preparing medical record requests for patient pick up
- Scanning in insurance cards from satellite offices
- Fax notes and op reports to L&I
- Verifying and building new patient insurance
- Processing Medical records
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years' experience in an office environment
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records
- Intermediate computer knowledge and skills
- Training and/or experience with computer data entry
- NextGen and EPIC experience a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.