Find a Physician
Job SummaryEverett Bone and Joint, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is currently seeking a Medial Assistant.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/05/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more
Everett Bone and Joint Clinic is the premier Orthopedic Surgery group in Everett Washington. We are board certified physicians specializing in treating disorders of the bones, joints, nerves and muscles. We also have an accredited surgical facility on site and a MRI facility nearby.
Provides skilled nursing care under physician supervision in a clinical setting. Works with providers in clinic, provides triage and utilizes technology to communicate and coordinate patient care
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff
- Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Maintain high level of education and understanding of current clinical standards and trends through reading, inservices, seminars and other CME opportunities
- Demonstrates interested and initiative regarding improving patient care and outcomes
- Understands and performs appropriate tasks in electronic medical records (EMR) systems
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Escorts patients to examination rooms, checks vital signs, performs nursing assessment, takes histories, prepares patient for exam, and maintains a timely clinic patient flow
- Prepares the chart according to policy. Fully documents progress notes from all patient interactions, including current medications, allergies, presenting problem or complaint
- Maintains medical records, problem list and medication logs
- Prepares and administers medications as delegated by provider, within scope of license
- Prepares for procedures and minor surgeries, assists provider following procedure guidelines and safety standards. Maintains updated procedure guidelines
- Makes arrangements for prescriptions and refills, surgery scheduling as indicated, tests, referrals and appointments. Call in prescription refills and complete documentation
- Obtains lab results and charts for physician review. Returns patient calls and assists with patient education
- Maintains exam rooms, nursing stations and procedure rooms. Cleans and stocks work areas following guidelines. Cleans and follows disinfection and sterilization procedures using universal precautions as stated in OSHA and policy guidelines
- Monitors appointment schedules for current day and upcoming week. Informs provider of schedule changes and reviews schedule for next day. Notes changes before going home at night
- Informs patient and front desk of schedule changes and current waiting time
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Help Triage with phone calls and assist other clinical staff as needed
- Checks with team members before going home and assists as needed. As need arises, will float between clinicians covering absences and vacations
- Current Medical Assistant Certification through WA Department of Health
- Orthopedics experience desired
- Problem solving skills
- Skill in using a computer
- Knowledge of orthopedics
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some bending and stretching required
- Use of telephone is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.