Find a Physician
Medical Office ReceptionistPrint
Job SummaryPuyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., is looking for a full time medical receptionist to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/17/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Puyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons, a successful regional medical group in Puyallup is seeking a full time medical front office receptionist for our busy urology clinic. The ideal candidate will be friendly, motivated, and work well in a team environment. Candidates must be able to learn quickly, be very detail oriented, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to maintain composure during stressful situations. Our valuable front office staff is our patient’s first impression of our clinic!
The essential qualities necessary include, but are not limited to:
- Checking patients in/out
- Scheduling appointments
- Answering multi-line phones
- Collecting copays and past due balances
- Verifying demographic and insurance information
- Prepping charts
- Assist with follow-up and scheduling inbound referrals
- Scan documents into patient charts
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years medical office experience
- High school diploma
- EMR experience in NextGen and EPIC a PLUS!
- Excellent verbal and written skills to ensure effective communication with patients, family members and the healthcare community
- Type 60 WPM
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail to review referrals and patient information, ensuring accurate scheduling of appointments
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- Comprehension of basic medical terminology
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- This position may be stressful at times.
- Working 40 hours per week. Some responsibilities may require longer work hours in order to complete assignments.
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.