Find a Physician
Recovery Room RNPrint
Job SummaryThe Surgery Center at Rainier, a Division of Proliance, is seeking a part-time to full time experienced PACU RN to join our team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 11/17/2020
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
The Surgery Center at Rainier, a Division of Proliance, is seeking a part-time to full time experienced PACU RN to join our team. Ideal candidate should have experience in pre-op, phase l and phase ll recovery. Current Washington state RN license, CPR, ACLS, and PALS required. We are a fast paced orthopedic surgery center with competitive wages and benefits. No weekends, no holidays, no call!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to:
- Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience.
- Must have the knowledge and clinical skills to perform the job duties of a Pre-op and Recovery Room Nurse.
- Must be able to make quick assessments of patients and be able to handle emergency situations appropriately.
- Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patients, physicians and staff.
- Assist in patient education during all phases of their experience at the ASC.
- Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly.
- Monitor use of all supplies. Assist with inventory control by proper count of supplies/time used.
- Document appropriately the care that is given to the patient.
- Continue education to meet State requirements and keep current with health care.
- Display professionalism at work and in the community as a representative of the Center.
- Take an active role on committees within the department.
- Identifies actual and potential risk to patients and others and takes action to minimize or eliminate risk and maximize safety.
- Other tasks as assigned by the ASC Manager.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Pre-op, Phase I & II recovery nurse required.
- Two years of ICU or ED experience will be considered.
- AmKai and Centricity experience desired, but not required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current WA State RN license
Include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent decision making skills
- Knowledge of ambulatory surgery desired
- Outpatient clinical organizational ability
- Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations and remain objective at all times
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
- Ability to prepare medical records in accordance with detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate clearly
Adherence to Clinic Policies/Practices
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the organization and is expected to follow instructions from his/her immediate supervisor, physician or administrator.
- Employees are expected to conform to the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Must continually demonstrate the safety procedures for the surgery center and utilize universal precautions where appropriate.
- Must continually demonstrate appropriate use of body mechanics techniques.
- As outlined in the Employee Handbook, the employee must be reliable, polite, prompt, and confidential. The employee must be capable of efficiently but warmly interacting with staff, patients and physicians. Major responsibilities will be performed according to the direction of their supervisors.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit
- Some bending, pushing, pulling, lifting and stretching required
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard and phone
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.