Find a Physician
Senior Healthcare AnalystPrint
Job SummaryThe corporate office of Proliance Surgeons, Inc. is looking for a full-time Senior Healthcare Analyst to join their team.
Job DescriptionPosted: 06/28/2018
The Senior Healthcare Analyst will be responsible for system wide reports designed to pinpoint problems or areas for improvement to maximize each facility’s performance and profit.
This position reports to the Director of Financial Analytics.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and designs reporting packages on financial, operational, and clinical metrics. Including but not limited to: FTE’s, overtime, case costing, supply expense, case volumes, acuity metrics, patient satisfaction scores, on time case starts, and minutes per case. Collaborates with care centers and executives in the process
- Using Excel, SQL, Access, or other data analysis tools, develops analyses to support decision making on special projects and initiatives
- Creates reports in a Business Intelligence platform
- Designs physician dashboards
- Educates end users on reports and facilitates distribution
- Collects and distributes patient outcomes for use in quality reporting
- Provides feedback for database design and metric definitions
- Enters data into clinical quality systems
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities to minimize manual efforts
- Performs other duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Clinical Informatics, Business Administration, Mathematics, or related field
- MBA/MHA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the healthcare industry with a focus on data analytics
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working directly with physicians and or healthcare administrators
Skills/Professional and Personal Qualities:
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare coding conventions and terminology. i.e. (ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS codes).
- Familiar with bundling programs, CMS quality initiatives, and risk adjustment methodologies
- Working knowledge of ASC operations.
- Familiar with surgical specialties and procedures
- Ability to interpret user needs and requests related to clinical metrics.
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Records
- Experience working with healthcare data.
- Advanced analytical skills and familiarity with common data analytics tools including Excel, Access, SQL, or other analytics tools
- Understands how to use relational database, tables and data mining to pull information needed to create reports
- SQL programming a plus
- Experience writing reports with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Domo, QlikView, SiSense, or Looker
- Ability to communicate effectively using data with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please email your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use “Healthcare Analyst” as the subject
- Applicants under consideration will be scheduled for a Skype or FaceTime interview. Successful first round candidates will be invited to interview in person
- We regret we are not in position to personally respond to all applicants
About Proliance Surgeons:
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with 200 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 60 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopaedics, sports medicine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, urology and more. Many of our surgeries are performed at our own outpatient surgery centers - where costs are often lower and recovery times faster than at a hospital. Patients return home the day of their surgery to begin healing and rehabilitation and get back to doing what they love, faster. Proliance physicians helped more than 600,000 patients last year alone, and performed over 77,000 surgeries. See www.proliancesurgeons.com for more information about our practice.