PA-C in Orthopedics
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle, a division of Proliance Surgeons, is looking for a full-time PA (or ARNP) to join our team.
- Concerned about patients
- Pleasant and patient personality
- Positive Attitude
- Excited about work
- Reliable, Punctual
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Team Player
- Works effectively with many different staff members and physicians
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting orthopedic surgeons in all capacities of patient care, including the Operating Room, clinic and hospital wards.
- Provide excellent orthopedic care under the supervision of the Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle surgeons, while working within an approved scope of practice.
- First Assist:
- Greeting/ identifying patient & completing paperwork
- Assisting in moving & positioning patients/organizing x-rays/writing orders
- Familiarization with specific surgical procedures prior to their performance
- Hospital Rounds:
- Patient care/charting & paperwork/interaction with staff, consultants, and discharge planners
- Clinic: as scheduled
- Returning patient phone calls and refilling medication
- Filling out paperwork for return to work, etc.
- Emergency Room:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients
- Every 6th weekend and every 6th weeknight or one entire week.
Education and Certification:
- Completion of accredited Physicians Assistant Program
- Washington State Physician Assistant License, Current
- Current CPR Certification
The work environment and physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job requires vision and hearing correctable to normal range
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to speak and hear
- The employee is required to walk, sit and stand
- Work is performed in an office, hospital, and operating room environment
- Some bending and stretching is required
- Manual dexterity required for use of surgical instruments and computer keyboard
- Occasional lifting and transferring up to 150lbs.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and working irregular hours
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.