Registered Nurse – Operating Room (Renton)
Proliance Orthopedic Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse – Operating Room for our Ambulatory Surgery Center in Renton, WA.
The Registered Nurse is that professional who is directly responsible for coordinating intra-operative care of the patient and indirectly responsible through coordination and information sharing of both pre- and post-operative care.
Skills & Requirements:
- Must possess demonstrated communication skills which indicate the ability to be successful at counseling and teaching
- Must display comprehensive and current knowledge of general nursing theory and practice including basic disciplines relating to nursing such as bio-, psycho-, social and medical sciences and their application to nursing and patient care
- Adequate understanding of a wide variety of medical/surgical terminology and pathophysiology, operative procedure and required patient preparations
- Must display knowledge of the underlying principles of treatment and nursing procedures
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique
- Understanding of proper positioning techniques, anesthesia and anesthetic agents effects
- Knowledge of surgical instruments and equipment to include the use, handling and care
- Knowledge of surgical procedures, techniques, symptoms and complications of surgery and anesthesia and consequent nursing interventions
- Knowledge of actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents
- Able to recognize emergency situations and assist in corrective actions
- Have a working knowledge of fluid and electrolyte balances
- Knowledge of the organizations mission, plans for improvement, policies, procedures, philosophies, standards, goals and objectives, especially those pertaining to the operating room, safety, security, fire, emergency and biomedical
- Recognize and report hazardous equipment
- Skilled in age-based competencies relative to the patient population to include fluid and nutritional needs, hearing, mobility and sight alterations and limitations, body organ status, comprehension and cognitive skills, temperature, medication vulnerability, healing restrictions and psycho-social needs
- Dresses within the dress code requirements of the facility
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed to practice in the State as a Registered Nurse
- BLS is required
- Minimum of two years’ surgical experience desired
- Prefer additional experience in medical/surgical nursing and additional “scrub” experience
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Constant walking. Frequent standing, exerts 10-25 lbs of force. Occasionally exerts up to 75 lbs of force, stooping, crouching, kneeling, overhead and below level reaching, lifting, and carrying 10-15 lbs. Rarely lifts a maximum of 50 lbs.
Must be well coordinated and able to move about freely. Dexterity necessary. Visual and audio acuity as needed for job performance. Speak clearly and distinctly. Neat, clean and particular about appearance.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. There may be other duties related to this position which are not outlined herein but which may be a part of the general daily duties expected of this position. Some duties not outlined herein will be assigned as necessary.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.