Nurse Practitioner - Breast Cancer Surgery
Puyallup Surgical Consultants, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., is seeking a Nurse Practitioner – Breast Cancer Surgery, to join our team.
We are seeking a full or part-time Nurse Practitioner in our General Surgery clinic in Puyallup. Seeking a nurse practitioner with excellent communication skills, experience in breast oncology, and passion for program development to join a busy and growing breast surgery practice.
Dependent on candidate experience and interests:
- Work in close collaboration with our established Breast Surgical Oncologist to provide expert care to a wide spectrum of breast cancer patients
- Triaging new referrals
- Conducting initial patient assessments (including imaging and pathology results, laboratory data, medical history, social and family history, physical and ultrasound examinations)
- Case coordination
- Patient education and support
- Treatment planning
- Ordering genetic testing and initial counselling on results
- Providing perioperative care
- Participation in multidisciplinary tumor board
- Referral to associated specialty services (physicians, support services, physiotherapy, etc)
- Plan or participate in the development of educational material for patients, families and professionals, including online materials
- Serve as information resource to patients and their families to provide instruction regarding diagnosis, treatment, methods, and objectives
The overall goal of this work is to provide each breast cancer patient with personalized, compassionate care from diagnosis through surgical and other oncology treatments, and into surveillance phase. This requires maintaining long-term relationships with patients, building networks of care in our community and beyond, coordinating care with primary and subspecialty providers, and maintaining your expertise through ongoing education and training.
This position also offers the opportunity to develop your own panel of patients with benign breast disease, high risk breast issues, and surveillance and survivorship for cancer patients. Provide patient education, prescriptions, order and follow surveillance and diagnostic imaging, urgent appointments for breast abscess, and act as a community resource for primary care providers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- Ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and with emotionally distraught patients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with post-surgical issues and ultrasound procedures would be an asset but training is available for the right candidate
- Procedures include drain removal, cyst aspiration, seroma drainage
- Skill with Word and Excel are essential – for development of patient education content and case coordination
- Experience with billing an asset
- Timely submission of clinical notes and billing will be required
- Part/full time available; 4-5 days per week
- No call
- No surgical assist
- Some flexibility of work hours required – 7 AM start 2 days per week
- Mainly outpatient care – occasional assessment of inpatients
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- Employee of Proliance Surgeons, working directly for Puyallup Surgical Consultants
Education and Licensing:
- Active NP practitioner license in Washington required
- NP certification required
- Master’s degree an asset
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume through the form below or email to email@example.com.
Puyallup Surgical Consultants is a division of Proliance Surgeons, Inc., P.S. one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with physicians specializing in Orthopedics, Ear, Nose & Throat, Ophthalmology, Urology and General Surgery. Proliance is committed to providing the highest quality of care available. Our physicians provide care at conveniently located offices throughout King, Snohomish, Pierce, Skagit and Benton counties of Washington.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.