Orthopedic Physician Associates, a division of Proliance Surgeons Inc., a premier orthopedic practice minutes from downtown Seattle, is looking for a full-time qualified individual to join our Business Office as an Authorizations Representative.
- Obtain timely surgery and office authorizations from various insurance companies
- Obtaining patient benefits for procedures,
- Advising patients of any out of pocket expenses (including surgery estimates)
- Collecting pre-payments as needed
Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a friendly, accommodating and positive demeanor
- Flexible and highly organized team player who interfaces well with physicians, staff and patients
- Outstanding phone etiquette/customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent follow through
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtaining surgery, MRI or office authorizations from various insurance companies prior to the procedure
- Advise patients of any out of pocket expenses/private pay responsibilities
- Collect pre-payment as necessary
- Verify patient eligibility and benefits for procedures
- Communicate status of upcoming surgeries to patients
- Mail Third Party pre-pay letters
- Assist other Authorization Representatives when needed
- A minimum of one year solid medical authorization/referral experience preferred
- Surgical authorizations experience preferred (or general orthopedic business office knowledge)
- Understanding of medical billing
- EPIC and/or NextGen experience preferred
We offer competitive wages and benefits (including a transportation stipend) and an opportunity to work with a wonderful team for great physicians. OPA is proud to be the team physicians for the area's professional sports teams, including the Seattle Seahawks and Mariners.
How to Apply:
If interested in applying, please submit your resume and include a cover letter with your desired salary through the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Orthopedic Physician Associates, please visit us on the web at: http://www.opaortho.com.