Senior Financial Analyst
Proliance Surgeons, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for system wide reports designed to pinpoint problems or areas for improvement to maximize each facility’s performance and profit.
This position reports to the Director of Analytics and Payor Contracting.
- Ability to interpret user needs and requests
- Ability to communicate effectively using data with all levels of the organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to lead projects and initiatives
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs ad-hoc analysis and designs reporting packages on financial and operational metrics, including but not limited to: AR, denials, FTE’s, overtime, case costing, supply expense, case volumes, acuity metrics, patient satisfaction scores, on time case starts, and minutes per case, reimbursement metrics
- Collaborates with care centers and executives in the process
- Develops financial proformas to assess new business ventures
- Works with administrators to design meaningful reports
- Using Excel, SQL, Access, or other data analysis tools, develops analyses to support decision making on special projects and initiatives
- Creates reports in a Business Intelligence platform
- Designs physician and clinic dashboards
- Educates end users on reports and facilitates distribution
- Provides feedback for database design and metric definitions
- Engages in process and quality improvement activities to minimize manual efforts
- Works on teams to identify and address variation in EMR systems, to ensure clean data and accurate reporting
- Assists in developing and implementing financial case costing methodologies
- Assists in financial assessment and financial monitoring of bundling initiatives
- Assists in the implementation of new reporting tools
- Develop positive working relationships with peers and customers throughout the organization
- Performs other duties as required by management
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics or related field
- MBA/MHA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the healthcare for a provider or hospital system, with a focus on operational data analytics.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working directly with surgeons or administrators
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare coding conventions and terminology (i.e. ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and NDC codes)
- Familiar with revenue cycle, healthcare payment and costing methodologies, and healthcare billing
- Working knowledge of ASC operations
- Familiar with surgical specialties and procedures
- Familiar with scheduling/billing software
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Advanced Excel skills required as well as proficiency with Microsoft Access or SQL programming
- Understands how to use relational database, tables and data mining to pull information needed to create reports
- Experience writing reports with Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, MicroStrategy, or QlikSense
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.