Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking an outgoing and energetic ATC/Medical Assistant to join our fast-paced clinic.
Proliance Surgeons is one of the largest surgical practices in the country, with over 425 providers including over 250 board-certified physicians providing treatment at more than 100 care centers in Washington State. Our range of specialties includes orthopedics, sports medicine, spine, ear nose & throat, general surgery, ophthalmology, obstetrics & gynecology, urology and more.
Orthopedic Specialists of Seattle, a division of Proliance Surgeons is seeking an outgoing and energetic ATC/Medical Assistant to join our fast-paced clinic. We currently have 9 Physicians and 6 PA’s. The Ideal candidate can thrive in a busy environment; have a strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology, provide excellent customer service and assist the patient care team.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate both in person and in writing
- Strong work ethic and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Have initiative to ask questions, make proposals, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to clearly organize and maintain files and documents, both digital and printed
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar tasks and equipment operation within the scope of position
- To accept change in a positive and professional manner and to lead others in the same
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent phone etiquette and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physician and staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Consistency and timeliness in attendance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility of supporting the physicians with patient care by using the AT/MA’s knowledge of prevention, evaluation, rehabilitation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions in the clinical setting
- Responsible for rooming patients
- Updating the electronic medical record
- Obtaining a thorough patient history, and presenting this information to the physician
Other duties include:
- Placing orders
- Removing or applying splints
- Providing rehabilitation services, crutch training, and educating the patient and their families on the next steps in care
- Completion of a Certified Athletic Training or Certified Medical Assistant training program preferred
- Medical Assistant Registered with minimum 1 year of orthopedic experience may apply as well
- Current CPR (BLS)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Skills in basic data entry
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.