We’re a team of more than 450 providers with advanced knowledge in our areas of medicine, including ENT, general surgery, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, and more. Find the right care team for your needs.
The Radiology Technologist provides excellent patient care and performs diagnostic radiography under the direction and supervision of a physician and/or physician assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs diagnostic radiographs as directed by the physician and/or physician assistant
• Manages all office patient diagnostic radiograph files and other imaging files including CD’s for physician and/or PA-C
• Maintains communication between imaging team and providers to meet patient needs
• Answers and responds to all requests for imaging and documents requested
• Prepares surgical films and/or discs for physician’s surgeries
• Assists in training new imaging staff on specific program/software features, as directed
• Schedule x-ray equipment maintenance upon approval from management
• Assist provider with fitting patients with proper bracing
• Utilizes EMR for provider and medical assistant support
• Work directly with Proliance/PSO IT to resolve issues, as directed
• Float to all clinics for coverage as needed
• Work cohesively with all staff and providers
• Maintains compliance with current OSHA and infections waste management standards
• Adheres to practice’s Safety, Risk Management, and Universal Precautions standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to multitask in a busy environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology
• Must be able to organize work and establish procedures
• Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language
• Must be skilled in performance of basic computer/keyboard functions
Education / Experience
• Graduation from an accredited diagnostic radiographic technologist program.
• WA State Department of Health License
• ARRT license
• Certified in CPR/First Aid
• High School diploma or GED
Minimum six months’ experience as a radiologic technologist preferred. Will consider new graduates with ARRT registry. Previous experience in orthopedic healthcare preferred.
Required to sit, stand and walk continuously. Work is of moderate demand with occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. Activities include stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and occasional kneeling, crawling, and squatting. High frequency of telephone usage and computer keyboarding is present. Have the ability to see, hear, and speak continuously at a level to meet all functions of the job. Work is of high attention and mental demands including the ability to prioritize and process with accuracy.
This position is per diem and will require travel to all three of the Puget Sound Orthopaedics clinics; in Lakewood, Tacoma and Gig Harbor. Working schedule is during normal business hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. May be required to work occasionally on Saturday or Sunday, if necessary to meet work assignment deadlines or meet the needs of the employer, work overtime, or have work schedule adjusted to practice volume.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19? Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Proliance Puget Sound Orthopaedics
7308 Bridgeport Way W. Suite 201 Lakewood, WA 98499-8000