Mitra Ehsan, MD, is board-certified in colon and rectal surgery and general surgery, and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons. Dr. Ehsan is passionate about delivering the best possible colorectal surgical care to the residents of the Eastside. She has practiced in the Bellevue community for nearly 20 years.
Dedicated to helping her patients understand their disease, Dr. Ehsan encourages her patients to be active partners in their care. She regularly collaborates with other physicians and surgeons in the region to treat complex oncology (cancer) cases and pelvic floor reconstruction. She is committed to providing you with high-quality, cutting edge care in an environment of compassion and understanding.
Dr. Ehsan is published and has presented her work for scientific and medical conferences, including the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, Annual Scientific Conference Recorded Sessions, Seattle Surgical Society, and Northwest Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
She is trained in robotic colorectal surgery and has been awarded Seattle Metropolitan Magazine’s annual Top Doctor Award. Dr. Ehsan is also trained and certified console surgeon on da Vinci® Single-Site™, the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Meet Dr. Ehsan
Institution: University of Washington
Institution: University of Washington School of Medicine
Program: Residency in General Surgery
Institution: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
Program: Fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery
Institution: Northwest Colon and Rectal Clinic
Program: Board Certified
Institution: American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
Program: Board Certified
Institution: American Board of Surgery
Fellow-American College of Surgeons
Fellow-American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Northwest Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Parkland Surgical Society
Services + Specialties
- Anal surgeries including hemorrhoids, fistulas, fissures, tags, abscess drainages; and office procedures such as hemorrhoid banding
- Collaboration with urogynecology specialists
- Colonoscopy including removal of polyps, biopsies, and dilation of strictures
- Diverticulitis, colon fistulas, prolapse/obstructed evacuation, colitis surgeries
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal surgeries
- Malignant diseases such as colon and rectal cancer, and anal cancer
- Pelvic floor reconstructions
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM or TAMIS)
- Treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the colon, rectum, anus, and small bowel
- Use of the daVinci robot for minimally invasive surgeries