Michael J. Sailer, MD, is a Board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. His specialty area is sports medicine, with a focus on shoulder and knee surgery—both arthroscopic and joint replacement. Dr. Sailer’s patients range from “weekend warriors” to high-level athletes.
Dr. Sailer is a native Seattleite, attending Whitman College for his Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry and Biology and graduating with Honors from the University of Washington Medical School. He completed his Sports Medicine fellowship at the Steadman-Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colorado after a year on the Orthopaedic faculty at the University of Washington, before joining Proliance in 1994.
He and his wife have three children. They enjoy snow skiing, water sports, biking, and are involved in their kids’ sports teams and activities. Dr. Sailer is the team physician for the Skyline High School Spartan football team, providing care since 1997.
Dr. Sailer’s philosophy of care is simple. Take good care of people and treat them like you would a family member. He listens to the patient, puts them at ease, and thoroughly explains their condition so they can make an informed decision about their care.
Institution: University of Washington School of Medicine
Institution: University of Washington Medical Center
Program: Fellowship in Orthopedic Surgery
Institution: The Steadman Clinic
Program: Board Certified
Institution: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Clinical Associate Professor, University of Washington
Washington State Orthopaedic Association
Services + Specialties
- Arthroscopic knee surgery including ACL and meniscus surgery
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery including cuff repairs and Bankart repairs
- Knee replacement
- Shoulder replacement
- Surgery and non-operative care of the knee
- Surgery and non-operative care of the shoulder
Getting Ready for Your Visit
In order for us to provide you the best care, it is important that you bring the following items to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- A list of your current medications
- Any and all x-ray, MRI’s and or reports if available
- Insurance information and card
- Some insurance carriers require you have a referral or primary care authorization before treatment is given. Please check with your carrier.
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past
- Medical records from prior visits that you think may be helpful
- New Patients: please download a patient registration form below and bring a completed copy with you for your visit.
In order to complete any outstanding paperwork and/or process any required changes to your patient information, we ask that you come to our office at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.