We’re a team of more than 450 providers with advanced knowledge in our areas of medicine, including ENT, general surgery, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, and more. Find the right care team for your needs.
The Director of Compliance reports to the VP of ASC Operations and will implement and administer the compliance strategy for Proliance Surgeons, focusing on areas with risk to the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, implements, and audits internal compliance programs, including the development and administration of compliance-related policies and procedures within the organization of Proliance Surgeons
• Serves as a liaison between company and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation agency standards.
• Investigates potential compliance/safety violations and provides consultative leadership and support to necessary parties to take corrective action as needed
• Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs
• Identifies an implements strategy to resolve problems or barriers that could hinder successful implementation of compliance activities
• Reviews business materials requiring compliance input and advises internal partners on compliant strategies and plans
• Maintains tracking for compliance related issues
• Assists in preparing reports on investigations, findings, and remedial measures.
• Researches and prepares recommendations on state and federal requirements, providing summary reports to leadership for decision-making
• Serves as a trainer and resource within Proliance for consultation and education related to compliance/safety and clinical protocols or procedures
• Chairs organization’s compliance committee
• Provides leadership to the Proliance Surgeons safety officers, including meeting management, training, auditing of safety requirements and policy and procedure development and implementation.
• Occasionally participates in community functions relating to outreach events throughout the year.
• Travels to care center and surgery centers as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Complies with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
• Complies with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
• Works at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
• Communicates and interacts in a respectful and professional manner
• Prioritizes workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
• Applies principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Understands and executes a variety of instructions
• Works independently with minimal supervision
Education / Experience
• BA or BS in business management or related field preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience in a compliance or related role required.
• Experience working with federal and state healthcare regulatory laws.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable differently abled persons to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19? Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.